This week in pop culture, Tia Mowry sounded off on Charlize Theron’s mean girl tendencies this week, Lil Wayne made a major move with his sports management company’s first client and Kanye West and his self-proclaimed “greatness” graced the cover of GQ’s August issue.
Raed below for more of the top moments you may have missed.
1. An Air Algerie flight crashed on Thursday in Mali as it traveled from Ouagadougou, the capital of Burkina Faso, to Algiers. A rainstorm is suspected as the cause of the crash that is beleived to have killed all 116 people aboard the plane. [USA Today]
2. Tia Mowry called out Charlize Theron for being rude toward her at a SoulCycle class. [International Business Times]
3. French Montana and his girlfriend Khloe Kardashian made an appearance on Angie Martinez’s radio show Thursday. They talked about all the publicity their relationship has received as well and just how the odd pair first met. [Power 105.1]
4. Kanye west landed the cover of GQ’s August Issue, where he talks about his upcoming new album, his fashion designer aspirations and also opens up about his marriage to reality TV queen Kim Kardashian. [GQ]
5. The NYPD officer who placed a Staten Island man in a deadly chokehold has been stripped of his bags and gun and placed on desk duty. [Huffington Post]
6. President Barack Obama’s motorcade kept a pregnant woman in Los Angeles from crossing the street to get to the hospital. [The Blaze]
7. Cristiano Ronaldo is officially the first client singed to Lil Wayne’s sports management company. [New York Daily News]
8. The first visuals have been released from Lifetime’s biopic the life of Whitney Houston, starring Yaya DeCosta at the late singer. [Entertainment Tonight]
9. Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 victims’ identies are being stolen for Facebook and credit card scams. [Mashable]
10. “True Blood” actor Nelsan Ellis called out his former cast member Luke Grimes for quitting the show because Grimes didn’t want to play a gay character. [Vulture]